2012年2月28日星期二

What Fixed the iPhone 4S Battery Problem for Me

I got my iPhone 4S two weeks after it launched. I was on cloud nine and had no remorse giving away my cherished iPhone 4 to a family member. But then the problems started, the worst battery life ever seen on an iPhone.

I started feeling horrible looking at my ex-iPhone 4 going a full day without a charge and my phone felt like it was running on cheap double As.

iOS 5.0.1 brought a ray of hope aiming to solve this mammoth of a problem. However, it made the problem worse, at least for me it did.

Well in
mbt imara all honesty, there was one thing I had not done, restore my new iPhone 4S 'as a new iPhone'. How could I, I absolutely had to move my digital life from the old to the new.

In order to justify keeping my text messages and my Cut the Rope stars and trophies, I tried everything else I could find on the internet. network resets, disabling raise to speak to Siri, turning off push notifications, turning off push email, you name it.

Well yesterday I snapped, with the help of Chillingo enabling Cut the Rope game mbt sapatu progresses to be saved on iCloud, I bought an app called "Tipard iPhone manager for SMS" for $10 and copied my text messages, though you won't get much functionality with a standard license but it will still give you messages in a text file as well a backup in the software so you can read the messages like you would on the phone itself.

I then finally did the restore, spending the exhaustive time required to hand-pick the 250 apps I wanted on my iPhone out of the 500+ in my iTunes library, and needless to say, the results were astounding.

I still have 80% of my battery with everything turned on (see what I disabled a few paragraphs back) with nominal usage and a good night sleep worth of stand by time.

Concluding this article, it is definitely worth a try to restore your iPhone 4S as a new iPhone if you are facing battery problems even after upgradmbt voi ing to iOS 5.0.1. You could always 'restore from backup' if it doesn't work for you.

For further information, I am aware of the various methods of custom backup and restoring of game data and text messages etc but I personally don't like jailbreaking anymore.

没有评论:

发表评论